Monday, April 15, 2013

Life Lessons on cleaning up

Alright, here it is, I have been married for more then 3 weeks and I am at the point that I am passed all the cuteness & I am freaking out...I live with a boy!!! A boy that still plays lacrosse & hockey, a boy that isn't use to doing dishes for himself, and a boy that lets face it is a boy!

It is the first time we have both lived away from home, and yes we both have been a little spoiled by our families in the sense of not having to cook or for him, he never did his own laundry. But now we have to put on the big girl/boy pants & learn to manage that kinda stuff on our own. Let me tell you it has been such a humbling experience. There have been days I just want to scream or even pick a fight about how the dishes were left in the sink & not the dish washer. But you know what, God is in control and I am totally okay with that. Like the other day, I came home from an obnoxiously long night at work and all I wanted to do was crawl into bed, yet when I walked in and saw the puppy, I realized bed wasn't my first choice. No, Miss Bailey managed to poop in her kennel & step in it, all in the 45 minutes that Justin had left for work & I came home from work. Of course, the first 10 minutes of cleaning up I was having a fight in my head with Justin on how he didn't take the puppy out before he left for work. I was arguing with myself for even getting a dog even though deep down I love her so much! Then it hit me, the Proverbs 31 woman was always ready even though she may have had struggles. She took time to care for her family with out complaint. God took care of her because she honored him. Then I realized cleaning up my dog's poop can be a humbling experience. So I cleaned, smiled, and went through all the things I am thankful for with my husband and my family! It was great & before I knew it I was completely done cleaning. I had a peaceful night sleep too!



What ways does God help you through situations. What life lessons does God teach you through little things?


Happy Monday!

2 comments:

  1. :) i love your honest story. marriage is a funny thing. it is so fun but so hard. i kinda like it. it takes time to create habits that fit together.. until then it is a lot of mismatched ways of doing things. you will find your rhythm. keep seeking the Lord and He will guide your heart!

    i am a new follower and i am so glad i found your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for following me! Isn't blogging so much fun and a way to find new friends :) Thanks for the encouragement on us finding our rhythm.

      Delete