Wednesday, January 30, 2013

wedding update

Over the past two days I have been simply amazed by all the RSVP cards we have already been getting in the mail! :) I mailed out all the invitations last Friday and already we have over 20 RSVP cards. People are just awesome like that. But along with all the excitement of getting down to the final details, I am getting more nervous. I have so much left to do and under two months to pull it all together. Flower girl dresses, reception center pieces, the ceremony, wedding songs (the big ones) and wedding bands. I have been so laid back about all the wedding plans that now I am to the point I am regretting being the laid back bride, even though I am sure my bridesmaids and parents have enjoyed the laid back part of it instead of a bridezilla. :)


Tonight, we taste tested for the reception... by far one of my favorite parts of the wedding planning! Oh my gosh did we load our plates with such amazing food. If you live in the good ole St. Louis, I highly recommend checking out The Christy in South City. The food was amazing. Both the groom and my dad raved about how it was easily the best wedding food they have tried. So we have decided to have the 2 main entrees be Chicken Modegia & Beef Biscuit.  The sides will be a vegetable medley, mashed potatoes, and pasta con broccoli, and of course there will be The Christy's famous Ron & Shirley's salad. Seriously, I might be bold enough to say their salad topped Imo's house salad, and anyone familiar with St. Louis knows that is like something huge to say. With the food selection picked that is one check mark I can put onto my list and slowly move the list down to 0 items.



For you all experienced brides, or girls who have weddings already planned and all you are waiting on is your groom, do you have any first dance song ideas! I totally need some ideas. HELP!

 Also, why not make some new friends since the weekend is just around the corner! :D Enjoy the awesome and fun blog link up! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment