Monday, January 28, 2013

date night turned girls night


Friday nights have always been marked on the calendar, at least for the most part as date night. Where we make sure we do something a little different & just to have fun. Well, this past Friday night the boy tried planning the date night. Oh, he tried so hard to make it fun and special. I will give him all the credit for taking charge and planning a date...but mister needs a little help when it comes to creativity. Let me clarify, this past Friday was double date night with some awesome friends of ours. I was totally pumped and willing to hang with them because lets just face it, it does not happen often enough. However, we ended up in a large underground cave.




Yep, a sand covered cave. Well this cave, has two huge Disc Golf Courses. Which is all fine and dandy, however, for two girls who were dressed cute & wanting a night to catch up, walking through sand and water to watch the boys toss light up disc at poles, wasn't our idea of fun. So let me tell you, we planted our selves at a fold out table & had good old fashion gal pal talk, while the boys for two hours lost themselves in a cave playing disc golf. Not so much of a double date, but a girls night gone wrong. 




 Even thought the double date did not turn out to what I expected for our typical date night, it will be a memory that I will cherish. 

1) My mister took time to figure out something different and unusual for us to do together. (aww)
2) He planned the night. 
3) And I got to have a girls night in a cave... how often does that happen? 

So to go along with how staying content with right now, I was content with a night away even if it was not to my top expectation.




No comments:

Post a Comment