Monday, July 2, 2012

Ups and Downs (wedding planning)

So right now me and the man are in the process of tracking down the perfect reception place. Let me tell you that is one big nightmare. Each place has their own ups that trump the other one. The man and the parents want more for the money, but I love the looks too. So frustrating. And then trying to find the one that fits your style, price, and date...well what a royal nightmare.

I am off the work Thursday, Friday, & Saturday and I am hoping to sit down and knock out some major wedding planning things. Like calling reception venues. Visiting reception venues. Putting together a finished guest list. Trying to finish putting together my wedding binder. I have a list, and oh how I would love to sit down and accomplish it.

I have a collection of over 25 bridal magazines thanks to my awesome bridesmaids and friends!


My goal, is to sit down in the early morning after work either on my back porch under the shade of the super cute umbrella or outside of a starbucks watching the sun peak thru the clouds and type away. Weddings should be so much fun, and yet I feel as if mine is just dragging on.





On the plus side of wedding planning, the man and I picked out wedding colors! Yay! I love the colors and I love it even more because he likes them too. Are you ready? Black & White as the main colors and then Hot Pink as the accent color! So trendy, modern, and fun! Seriously, we have all these crazy fun ideas for the wedding. But once again it all depends on the wedding reception venue. And we live in good old St. Louis. There are tons of fun places for wedding receptions but we are running into is price against already booked. Seems like a lot of other St. Louis brides are wanting to seal the deal in April! But anyway, here are a few of the ideas and pictures that we are basing the whole wedding around.

The man will have the white jacket on. And all the boys will have hot pink ties instead of white! LOVE!
I just love the idea of balloons, don't you?

I love the black and white pattern. i am thinking yes for it for wedding invites and programs. And the pink umbrellas! Yes PLEASE! 


So I am sure I will be collecting even more fun ideas as the days go on...and I have that reception venue booked. In time. I think you will all learn as time goes on, I am not the most patient person around. I tend to wish things came easy. Well, sometimes not all the time. But this whole wedding planning thing is such a time to test me and push me. In a good way of course. And let me tell you I am so blessed to have a man who loves me and wants to be involved in all the details of the wedding. From colors, to the bridal party, to the reception venue and the vows. He has already been so supportive and creative. We make such a good team! 

And all you brides and wives? And advice for us as we continue on this spectacular journey of wedding planning? 

1 comment:

  1. Love love love the black, white and hot pink! Also love balloons. That is what I had at my wedding. Tons of balloons!

    Remember as you plan that the most important part is the two of you.

    ReplyDelete