Saturday, December 1, 2012

December 1st

Well today marked the first day of a month of pure craziness. Oh, goodness how I do love the hustle and bustle that takes place over the month of December, but I feel as if this month will surely go super fast. January is already filling up with exciting days, such as bridal showers! :) However, I want to savor Christmas. My last one at home. One for new beginnings with plenty of family events to head off too. With all the Christmas parties, it is often easy to forget the real meaning of Christmas. The day we celebrate Christ's birthday. The other day on Facebook a friend posted a status that said, Jesus wasn't born on Christmas. Which of course started a whole long debate on when he was actually born and so on. Which I think is absolutely ridiculous. I understand that we do not know the date that Jesus was born, or when the 3 Kings came to offer the gifts to him, but the point is we are recognizing Him on this day.  Some say Christmas was also started as a Pagan holiday, but you know what it was still brought back to God in some way. And Jesus doesn't care what day we sing Happy Birthday to him, as long as we acknowledge him everyday and give our hearts to him. Okay, sorry for the obnoxiously long rant....but through the hustle and bustle this year I will make sure to remember the reason my family celebrates Christmas. 

24 Days Left till Christmas Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment