Tuesday, December 4, 2012

smiles

One thing that has been on my mind recently is how people view life itself. With Christmas just around the holidays, giving is often what the "thing" to do is. You give a kind gift to your mail man or garbage man, you donate toys to kids who are in need, people adopt a family who need a little extra help around the holidays, and the list goes on. Or even buying Santa a Starbucks Coffee...yes Santa even drinks coffee! :) Yes, I have been raised up doing all the above, and I still enjoy participating in helping out when I can, however, money and gifts isn't everything.



What I mean is, what about the middle people, who don't need help buying presents, who you don't need to give an extra Christmas gift to, like the person checking you out in the grocery store check out counter, or the mom getting her kids out of the minivan at the mall, or the people you run into at your job. What about all of them? Now, don't get me wrong, I am a poor broke post college student, so I am not suggestion buying random strangers presents, but that is where the smile comes into play. It is amazing how a smile can affect people.





I have realized this awesome concept of a the smile through working at the ER. Seeing so many people that enter through this doors are down in the dumps. Some are really sick or injured. Others are coming to find a loved one that is in the hospital. This is where it all comes into play....you would be amazed at the affect of just giving them a friendly smile can help them make it through their day. So go ahead... smile. It might just make your day a little bit better too. :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment